Wednesday, August 12, 2009

summer in review

This summer has been one of the biggest growing experiences in my life. A lifetime of memories in one summer. I came here with an open mind, an open heart and striving to learn more about God. I will be leaving with a mind that wants to know even more and a heart that wants to help the world see the hope and love that Jesus has shown me and more knowledge of the Bible in this one summer than my whole life.


One of the ways I have grown the most this summer is that I have a new found passion for reading the Bible. With this passion I am going to continue to read more and use the scripture I learn and apply it to what I teach others. I am so filled with the Spirit, that I want to tell all that I see about what I've learned. There is no time like the present, I want to share this now.

This summer I had the scariest experience of my life. I was in a near death car crash. It started out as a normal day.
My friend Alan and I were driving to San Quentin, MX to bring ramps to a skate event for some Mexican youth we were teaching. On our way I feel asleep and I woke up to the car flipping through air. My mind was racing, I thought I was going to die. After the car stopped rolling I looked at Alan and saw that he was unconscious next to me. First thing in my mind was that I needed to get him out of the car and keep him awake. So I unbuckled him, pulled him out of the car, and carried him away from the wreck. I set him on the ground with his head in my lap trying to keep him awake. It took about 45 minutes for the ambulance to get there but thankfully it arrived. Driving away from the accident I just was amazed I was still alive and realized that we were in God's hands. That night I sat there and thanked God for my life and I realized that I should value my life more.

Going into this summer I came with big passions and big dreams, but that's all they were. In the beginning of this summer I opened up to only a few people sharing things that I don't usually tell people. Then I met this girl that not only shared my passions and my dreams but has a the biggest heart for people that I have ever seen. She has given me words to speak into kids lives and she has given words that have spoken into my life as well. She supports me and encourages me everyday and I am more than greateful and thankful to have even met her. When I look at her I see Christ in her eyes, everything about her draws me to my Creator. She truly is a gift from God. I know I am going to live my passions and my dreams out loud now.

Prayer requests:
-Pray for Alan and his recovery
-Opportunities to share what I have learned
-My DTS
-My recovery from the accident

No comments:

Post a Comment